Sunday, August 28, 2011

Assignment for CSC-121

Well, today I have been battling the issues of a corporate produced illustration manual that was designed by someone that didn't bother to check and see if his or her methods of operation actually worked before they printed the book. Adobe... I'm glad that I took CIS-152 last semester. I'm even more glad that I payed attention.

Now, I know that these sketches don't have anything to do with my GDS classes, but they are sketches just the same. I figure that they will be acceptable demonstrations of the fact that I'm at least trying. The first two sketches are of the plan and wireframe drawings for a website that I will mock up for this weeks assignment in CSC-121.

The other sketches are just some elaborations on the "No more Trucking" sketch. I'm trying to twist it around into something that points toward my future away from trucking. I'll call them "Shifting Gears" because the circle with the small knob on the top/left is actually a rendition of the chrome shifter knob on a 13 speed Over Drive transmission in a big truck. That was the first manual transmission that I, and a lot of other "older" drivers) had learned to use and the old knob style is a "classic" to a lot of us older drivers (not to mention expensive - over $200 bucks just for the knob).

The assignment calls for a plan & wireframe drawing to present to the client for approval.
These are just the sketches to rough out an idea. I intend to draft them out on the computer in a professional, organized manner for presentation. I'll try to post that up when I get it done.
Right now, it's 1:30 am and I think that I should just give it up for today and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your critique. I welcome any and all comments. I will respect both good and bad, but please... let's all be nice ;-)