Friday, August 26, 2011

Hi, my name is Vic and this is my blog.

I am a student at Parkland College in Champaign, IL. I got interested in web design a few years ago while setting up my first blog. While doing so, I found myself analyzing and experimenting with the code to get a different look. I had no idea what I was doing back then, but my fiddling around with the code was successful and I achieved what I was looking for. I was very intrigued by what I had done and soon decided that I wanted to pursue this further.

I enrolled at Parkland to take CSC-152 (Web Design I) back in 2009 just to learn a bit more about HTML coding so that I could build my own websites, but shortly after mid-terms had to withdraw from the class to care for my wife who had broken her leg. Now I am enrolled full-time. I have completed one semester, including CSC-121, and am starting my second semester. I'm learning so much and I am discovering that the more I am exposed to in my classes, the more I want to keep on going.

Although I am taking a lot of Graphics Design courses,  I am focusing my studies on Web Design. This is a very huge field, so I'm not sure just yet where my degree will take me. Where ever I land, I am sure that I will enjoy my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your critique. I welcome any and all comments. I will respect both good and bad, but please... let's all be nice ;-)